My photo
About Me & Chips: A Haiku. I live to have the/ Chips with crunchy salt goodness/ I'll never eat less

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Get Your Paws On This

A nice chipporter (chip supporter) pal brought me a bag of these today.

Cheetos Horneados: Chester giving his best Mowgli look

Throughout my long history of chip consumption,  I have only really sat down with regular Cheetos, the limited edition Paws from the 90's and those other witch-finger-like Crunchy Cheetos.  Though all delicious (please see Ode to Cheezies  for affirmation) I was very excited to taste the Horneados.

Basically Horneados are Original Cheezies but instead of the finger-licking cheese flavouring, they taste more like plain corn puffs with a nice dusting of salt.  Texturally, Horneados are also a bit foamier than their Cheezie brethren, a characteristic that makes them highly addictive.

You start out with the initial crunch needed from any good chip snack, but then the corn flavour really comes to the forefront and the Horneado merely becomes a salty extension of your tongue.


Horneados Bliss

Be prepared to have Horneados melting in your mouth just as fast as you can get them in there. FYI: That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment