My photo
About Me & Chips: A Haiku. I live to have the/ Chips with crunchy salt goodness/ I'll never eat less

Friday, January 28, 2011

Cap'n Cheesy Squares


Almost everything can be made better by chips, especially when you're talking about Doritos.

To prove my point, I introduce Cap'n Cheesy Squares.  The ultimate combination of sweet and savoury, this dessert combines everything good in the world.

Ingredients:
Butter  3 TBSPs
Mini Marshmallows  4 Cups (or 10oz package, about 40 big marshmallows)
Cap'n Crunch Cereal  5 Cups
Doritos Nacho Cheese  1 Cup Crushed


1. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted together and silky in texture. Remove saucepan mixture from heat.



2. Add Cap'n Crunch Cereal and crushed Doritos.



3. Stir until well coated.



4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch non-stick pan. Cool and cut the Cap'n Cheesy Squares into preferred square shape.


I'd like to thank marshmallows, Cap'n Crunch, butter, Doritos, God and all the brave guinea pigs in this photo who not only consumed this cheesy dessert, but managed to share equally in my love for chips.



2 comments:

  1. This was a deliciously ridiculous and crazy treat. I love the sweet + salty combo. Rice Krispie Squares: your days are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first, I was scared. The marshmallows looked like mozzarella and I think mixing breakfast cereal with cheese is wrong. How wrong I was! These scrumptious treats married my love of salty and sweet, trumping my initial fears. Thanks FTOS, for opening my eyes and my mind.

    ReplyDelete