My photo
About Me & Chips: A Haiku. I live to have the/ Chips with crunchy salt goodness/ I'll never eat less

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spicy Crunchy Dorito Roll



I was having a bag of Spicy Doritos for dinner last night when I was interrupted by a take-out sushi order.  Here's the problem: I love Doritos for dinner - but I like sushi too. 

Being the chip sleuth that I am, this enigma was fairly easy, not to mention delicious, to solve.  The answer was simple - Spicy Crunchy Dorito Roll.  It's basically just as it sounds, sushi and Doritos finally married into the perfect dinner concoction. 

I'm posting the recipe just in case you find yourself in a similar situation.  Be forewarned, it's really delicious and you may blow your friends minds when they see you break out this chip inspired sushi roll.

Ingredients:
Spicy Doritos ........................ 1 Bag
Chopsticks ............................ A Set
Seaweed Salad ...................... 1 Order
Pickled Ginger ...................... 1 TBSP
Soy Sauce ............................. 1/4 Cup
Wasabi .................................. To Taste

Lay out a bunch of Spicy Doritos.  I like to use different shaped chips to give the dish a real artistic edge.  Next, carefully spread a generous layer of wasabi on your chip base.  Using chopsticks, pinch up a bite sized portion of your seaweed salad and dip into soy sauce.  The soy sauce should really help bond the seaweed and Dorito together, but be careful that you don't absorb too much sauce here, or you will turn your chip soggy.   Top with a sprig of pickled ginger. 





I'm no Iron Chef,  but I'm pretty sure that this is going to change Japan 4EVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment