My photo
About Me & Chips: A Haiku. I live to have the/ Chips with crunchy salt goodness/ I'll never eat less

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's All About Chips Right?

potatoes + fried + salty (preferably cheesy) flavour combinations = nom nom

You know those parents who make their kids go to bed at 8pm, don't let them watch 90210 or Party of Five, and cut out all saturated fats and complex sugars from their kids' diets?  Well, I did not have those parents.

Instead, I was left to run free.  Cheeks full of Gobstoppers and pockets stained with permanent marker.  I learned many things during this laissez-faire upbringing, the most formative being a sincere love for all things chips.

Chip lovers unite with me in this blog where the pursuit of chips will be taken to a most serious form of discourse.  This is a safe place where no one will be judged for having eaten 2 big bags of Doritos All Nighter Cheeseburger's in an attempt to figure out if they can taste the secret sauce or just the pickle.

Yes. I eat Ruffles because they hold the most flavour and because I like to bite each individual ridge off my chip.

Yes. I consider chips a condiment for hamburgers and hotdogs.

Yes.  I bring a bowl of different chips all tossed together and call it salad when I am invited to a potluck.

Yes.  I have much more chip wisdom to impart.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Salty Dog,
    For a long time now, I have been a denier of my chip-infused childhood. I struggled to find a place for chips in my local, sustainable, well-balanced diet. Reading your blog has made me realize that I have nothing to be ashamed of. I have accepted chips as an important part of my life! The corner store has become my local market, and chips are, once again, my number one source of nutrition. CHIPS! So simple...yet so incredible. Thank you Salty Dog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete