My photo
About Me & Chips: A Haiku. I live to have the/ Chips with crunchy salt goodness/ I'll never eat less

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chip Dreams



Some people dream of winning the lottery, becoming Nobel Peace Prize recipients, NBA athletes or just of falling in love with Lil'Wayne and consummating in his Escalade while Lady Gaga watches.  Not that I would scoff at any of those dreams, but honestly, since I can remember dreaming, I have just wanted to see the inside of a chip factory. 

It's not that I'm expecting to see anything terribly shocking.  I realize there's no "getting the caramel inside the Caramilk Bar" sorcery going on, but there is just something...  Maybe it's the thought of being surrounded by an infinite bounty of chip products, or the tiny subconscious hope that I will fall into the chip-bagging machine and accidentally get sealed inside a massive sac of Party Mix and have to eat my way back to the non-chip world.

No matter the motivation, here stands my dream.  And in a modest attempt to indulge them, I sent this email to the good chip-makers at Frito-Lay: 




Dear Frito-Lay,
My name is Salty Dog and I am a humble chip-lover from Toronto.  I have recently started a blog dedicated to my love of chips (www.fortheloveofsalt.blogspot.com). 

As I embark on this salty path of chipdom, I have but one serious desire--to see the inner workings and front lines of a chip factory (aka the promised land).

While my readership is modest, I can assure you that everyone is eager to know how our favorite flavors have come to be.  I live in Toronto and would be willing to travel pretty far for the chance to get close to real chip production.

Please email me if you think this request could be honored. 
Sincerely obsessed with chips,
-Salty Dog
If this doesn't pull through, I may have to turn to more aggressive tactics.  Or else abandon my one true dream  and go ahead with my backup - to win Dancing with the Stars as Mike "The Situations" partner.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment