My photo
About Me & Chips: A Haiku. I live to have the/ Chips with crunchy salt goodness/ I'll never eat less

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dill Pickle + Chips: Together Again


Dill Pickle chips are such a natural evolution of snacking I can hardly imagine what life was like before them.
Nothing goes better with a pile of smoked meat, dense rye bread and grainy mustard, than a thick, briny dill pickle.  Oh, did I say nothing? I meant nothing EXCEPT for McClure’s Pickles line of Potato Chips.
Photo Courtesy of S. St-Amant

Based out of Detroit and Brooklyn, McClure’s are expert picklers with a gourmet selection of pickles, relishes, a spicy Bloody Mary mix and best of all—chips.  I recently noticed McClure’s at my local farmer’s market and jumped on this bag of Spicy Pickle Crinkle Cut.
While Salt & Vinegar is the typical choice when combating extreme salt cravings, Dill Pickle offers a slightly subdue, creamier and overall more complex flavour profile.  When I'm really looking for a good acidic bite, Dill Pickle is always the clear winner for me.  And now that I've tasted the superior pickle affect of McClures, I can feel Salt & Vinegar forever slipping from my craving repertoire.

Spicy Pickle Goodness

Given that McClure's is solely in the pickle business, it's not shocking that these are the crème de la crème of Dill Pickle chips.  Each thick crinkle cut slice of potato is flawlessly imprinted with a  garlic dill-drenched brine that finishes in a creamy wave of spice.  Imagine homemade pickles but better because it's chips!
The only thing that could have enlightened my McClure's experience would have been a side of Schwarz's.  At least I'll know better for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment